Déclaration of Ary Chalus President of Region Guadeloupe
GUADELOUPE – “The insertion of our archipelago in our regional area is obvious: it is undoubtedly one of our assets, an asset on which we must build our place in the world. Guadeloupe, located in the middle of the island arch of the Lesser Antilles, shares a strong community of interest with the CARICOM Member States and more particularly with the Member States or OECS partners.
The historical and cultural relationships that exist in particular between Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique and St. Lucia already justify the establishment of a partnership based on the exploitation of the capacity of each to contribute to development in economic, social, cultural, scientific and technological terms.
This renewed partnership, the Region intends to support it on the areas of expertise of Guadeloupe:
– a powerful know-how in health
– recognized skills in the field of energy transition and in the reasoned valuation techniques of our rich natural heritage and biodiversity.
– in terms of research, Guadeloupe has the largest contingent of researchers and laboratories in the Lesser Antilles.
The signing of the accession agreement between the OECS and Guadeloupe is part of this multilateral rapprochement sought by the Region and is justified by the need to strengthen our collective capabilities. ”
– Press Guadeloupe Région : Françoise Moutou – 590 690 47 47 79 – firstname.lastname@example.org
– France Caraïbe Broadcast : Gilles Gressier – 596 696 55 75 43 – email@example.com