THE HAGUE – The Member of Parliament for the Dutch Socialist Party (SP) Ronald van Raak does not give up. The MP asked questions to the Minister of Finance about Dutch responsibility for offshore in the Kingdom.
Van Raaks questions are:
1) Do you share the opinion of the former Secretary of State for Finance in 1995 that offshore is a Kingdom interest? If not, why not?
2) What happens to the proposed New Fiscal Framework of the Association Offshore Interests? Has this been put into practice in one form or another under one name or another? What arrangements are involved here? How long have these arrangements been in operation, or are they still in operation? Are anti-abuse provisions included in these regulations? If yes which one? How and by whom is this supervised?
3) What role has the Ministry of Finance or another Dutch government organization or a commercial company on behalf of a Dutch government organization played in the design and / or management of this Dutch-Antillean financial offshore service?
4) Do you share my observation that there is shared financial offshore services between the Netherlands and the other countries in the Kingdom? If not, why not? Why do you call the agreements between the ministry and the Association Offshore Interests and Curaçao secret and unknown?
5) Which Aruban, Curaçaoan and Sint Maarten Egaming license holders also hold companies in the Netherlands? Which Aruban, Curaçao and Sint Maarten Egaming licensees also provide financial services in the Netherlands?
6) How many Curaçao online (and VPN) gambling companies and how many online websites are currently located within the Dutch-Antillean financial offshore services? How many Aruban online (and VPN) gambling companies and websites currently exist? Are these also run from the Dutch-Antillean financial offshore services (and / or run from Curaçao data centers)? How many Sint Maarten online (and VPN) gambling companies and websites currently exist? Will these also be managed from the Dutch-Antillean financial offshore services?
7) Do you share my view that if within the Dutch-Antillean financial offshore services unregulated and illegal online gambling activities are made using Dutch tax arrangements, this can not only be a matter for the country of Curacao?
8) Do you share my observation that the International Financial Group (IFG) is a successor of the Association Offshore Interests? Do you share my observation that IFG is also an association of Egaming licensees?
9) What role did the Netherlands play in making Malta a ‘hub’ for Curacao licensees to serve the European market? Which Dutch, Aruban, Curaçao and Sint Maarten Egaming licensees also provide financial services in Malta?
10) Can you indicate how large the share of online gambling companies in the Dutch Antilles financial offshore services, specified per year, from the start of this online gambling industry from 1995 to the present? If not, why not?