WILLEMSTAD, Curaçao – Liberty Latin America Ltd. (“LLA”) today has announced that it has completed the acquisition of the remaining 12.5% of United Telecommunication Services (“UTS”).
In March this year, LLA acquired 87.5% of UTS and the acquisition of the remaining 12.5% now results in LLA owning 100% of UTS. The governments of Curaçao and St. Maarten held stakes of 87.5% and 12.5%, respectively, in UTS.
C&W Communications (“C&W”) is part of LLA, and the UTS operation reports to Mr. Nicolas Collette, Vice President of C&W, Southern Cluster, which also includes Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
“This is an exciting moment for telecommunications in the Dutch Caribbean, as following the acquisition of the remaining 12.5% of UTS by LLA, we are now even better positioned to add value for our customers and deliver world-class connectivity and entertainment,” said Mr. Collette.
“We are very proud to be operating in the Dutch Caribbean and over the last few months we have been working hard towards establishing new benchmarks for value, service delivery and customer support. Collette also said the integration process between LLA and UTS was progressing smoothly.”
“We have been working closely together and both brands, Flow and UTS, have been sharing best practices in order to realise the full benefits of our newly combined company. We have also been keeping our stakeholders informed every step of the way and we now look forward to our sustained collaboration as we continue to connect the people of the Dutch Caribbean and create moments that matter for our customers,” he said.
Liberty Latin America is a leading telecommunications company operating in over twenty countries across Latin America and the Caribbean under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica, while UTS provides fixed and mobile services to the island nations of Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Bonaire, St. Barths, St. Eustatius and Saba.