At 5:00am, (Category-2) Hurricane Irma had winds of 110 mph (175 km/h), and its center was located at 19.0°N, 41.8°W
* 1300 miles/2090 km East of St. Maarten
* 1305 miles/2100 km East of St. Eustatius
* 1310 miles/2110 km East of Saba
It is currently moving west @ 14 mph (22 km/h). A WSW motion is expected over the weekend before it turns NW.
According to its projected path, Irma could possibly reach over or just north of the SSS Islands (St. Maarten-Saba-St. Eustatius) by Wednesday.
Fluctuations in strength (both up and down) are possible -- but Irma is expected to remain a powerful hurricane for several days!
According to model forecasts & expert analysis, Irma will most likely approach the local region as an Extremely Dangerous Major Hurricane (Cat.3+)!!
We Remember Hurricane Luis in 1995...Get Prepared...Plan Ahead...Get Your Hurricane Kits Now
Prepare your families, homes, and properties in advance of any(more) tropical systems during the season -- Don't get caught off-guard.
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Aruba = 12.3°N, 70.2°W | Bonaire = 12.2°N, 68.3°W | Curacao = 12.2°N, 69.0°W
- Remaining names for this year’s Atlantic Hurricane Season are:Irma, Jose, Katia, Lee, Maria, Nate, Ophelia, Philippe, Rina, Sean, Tammy, Vince, Whitney.
- Hurricane Safety Tips (Before, During, After) is available at –>> "Safety Tips".