- Proof of Dutch nationality or copy of passport
- A Detailed registration form from Civil registry (not older than 3 months)
- A valid health certificate
- Declaration of 2016 parental/personal income
- Proof of enrollment at NIPA
The Studying in the region (SIDR) financing application period is now open. the ‘Studying in the Region’ is a project financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science (OCW) . The main objective of this project is to provide eligible candidates who do (did) not meet the academic- or residency requirements to obtain regular study financing, the opportunity to qualify for funding for maximum two (2) years to start pursuing a study at tertiary level education institutions in the region (America, Canada, St. Maarten and Caribbean Islands). Candidates are required to transition to regular study financing after 1-2 years to complete their studies.
Persons desirous of receiving SIDR study financing are hereby invited to apply.
- Go to www.studyfinancing.sx and click on SIDR Project
- Read the terms and conditions
- Fill in the online application form
- Save, Print and sign the application form
- Submit the completed application form and the following required documents:
- Proof registration Civil Registry
- Declaration of 2016 taxable income (personal and/or parental)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of residence permit (If applicable) and Proof of application for Dutch Nationality or proof of payment for the naturalization exams
- High school Diploma and other relevant diploma’s (If applicable)
- Most recent transcript or grades
- Student Visa (if applicable)
Please note that:
- The area of study must be on the 2017 Government of St. Maarten priority list of studies
- Applicants must be:
- Older than 17 years
- In possession of the Dutch nationality or a permanent resident for minimum 5 years prior to this request
- Have been admitted to educational institution for Fall 2017 or Spring 2018
All the above-mentioned documents must be handed in at the office of the Division of Study Financing located at N. De Brotstraat #3, Vlaun Building, (Opposite the Post Office) from Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 17:00 before September 29, 2017.
Please note that no applications will be accepted after this date and that only applications with all required documents will be accepted.